Mysql on XAMPP performance issues and tuning

Many of us would have faced the problem of slow running local XAMPP setup at times during a crucial development phase and wished there was a quick fix. One such issue is a slow mysql. There are many ways of tuning and fixing the problem. If the issue is around the growing size of the application and needing more resource, you can try replacing the mysql config file. XAMPP provides 4 default mysql config files my.ini for different size applications. They are named as below:
my-small.ini
my-medium.ini
my-large.ini
my-huge.ini

Depending on the size of your application you can pick one and replace it in to my.ini. The path to this default files on a windows system is

C:\xampp\mysql(if the xampp is installed under the root of c:).

The my.ini file is placed under :
C:\xampp\mysql\bin.

Just copy the file my-<size>.ini in to the C:\xampp\mysql\bin and rename it to my.ini. Restart the XAMPP. This could turn out to be that quick fix you are looking for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delete multiple lines in Linux style Vi Editor

Change Firefox Browser Default View Source Editor to your Favorite Text Editor